What is a Self-Test or At-Home Test?
Self-tests for COVID-19 give rapid results and can be taken anywhere, regardless of your vaccination status or whether or not you have symptoms. where to buy rapid covid test kit
- They detect current infection and are sometimes also called “home tests,” “at-home tests,” or “over-the-counter (OTC) tests.”
- They give your result in a few minutes and are different from laboratory-based tests that may take days to return your result. covid testing kits for sale online
- Self-tests along with vaccination, wearing a well-fitted mask, and physical distancing, help protect you and others by reducing the chances of spreading COVID-19.
- Self-tests do not detect antibodies which would suggest a previous infection and they do not measure your level of immunity. Rapid covid test Kit buy online
How to Use an At-Home COVID-19 Test
Read the complete manufacturer’s instructions for use before using the test.
- To use an at-home test, you will collect a nasal specimen and then test that specimen.
- If you do not follow the manufacturer’s instructions, your test result may be incorrect.
- Wash your hands before and after you collect a nasal specimen for your test.