What is a Self-Test or At-Home Test?
Self-tests for COVID-19 give rapid results and can be taken anywhere, regardless of your vaccination status or whether or not you have symptoms. covid 19 testing kits for sale
- They detect current infection and are sometimes also called “home tests,” “at-home tests,” or “over-the-counter (OTC) tests.” rapid covid test kit buy online
- They give your result in a few minutes and are different from laboratory-based tests that may take days to return your result. covid 19 testing kits for sale philippines
- Self-tests along with vaccination, wearing a well-fitted mask, and physical distancing, help protect you and others by reducing the chances of spreading COVID-19. covid-19 test kits for sale ireland
- Self-tests do not detect antibodies which would suggest a previous infection and they do not measure your level of immunity. covid 19 antibody testing kits for sale
When To Take an At-Home COVID-19 Test
Test Yourself If…
You have any COVID-19 symptoms
You were exposed to someone with COVID-19
At least 5 days after your exposure
If you test negative for COVID-19, consider testing again 1 to 2 days after your first test
You are going to an indoor event or a gathering
Immediately before the gathering, or as close to the time of the event as possible
This is especially important before gathering with individuals at risk of severe disease, older adults, those who are immunocompromised, or people who are not up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines, including children who cannot get vaccinated yet.
How to Get an At-Home COVID-19 Test
- Order free tests at COVIDtests.govexternal icon. Free tests are also available through local health departments.
- Buy tests online or in pharmacies and retail stores. Private health insurance may reimburse the cost of purchasing self-tests. Visit FDA’s websiteexternal icon for a list of authorized tests.
- If you’re not able to obtain a self-test when you need it, you might also visit a community testing site, or call your local health department for more options. rapid covid test kits for sale australia
How to Use an At-Home COVID-19 Test
Read the complete manufacturer’s instructions for use before using the test.
- To use an at-home test, you will collect a nasal specimen and then test that specimen.
- If you do not follow the manufacturer’s instructions, your test result may be incorrect.
- Wash your hands before and after you collect a nasal specimen for your test.
play circle light icon